Senior Cloud Software Developer
Wesley Clover Solutions is looking for a full stack cloud software developer that will be part of developing, evolving and scaling our advanced communications solutions for trading firms and other mission-critical businesses.
The ideal candidate must have strong customer focus, ability to see the big picture and make the right design and technology choices. We are looking for someone with positive attitude and excellent team working skills that effectively collaborates with stakeholders and colleagues.
Wesley Clover Solutions has been in the Trader Voice business for more than 10 years, and is now rapidly growing its business on a global scale. We are expanding our R&D team in Ottawa to ensure we can continue to deliver innovative and competitive products to lead the industry through the ongoing transformation from on-premises legacy voice systems to cloud-based next generation solutions.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software using contemporary software development languages, tools, and environments.
- Contribute to architecture and design of Wesley Clover’s advanced communications solutions in a hybrid Cloud environment, including public and private cloud and on-premises applications and infrastructure.
- Contribute to and execute Wesley Clover Solutions’ product strategy, specifically evolution and transformation of applications and processes into our next generation hybrid Cloud platforms.
- Work in a high-performing team in collaboration with product management, architects, development primes, developers and testers.
- Be a key player in designing and developing world class, scalable and attractive applications.
- Work within Agile development processes such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Degree in, or candidate for, a degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience within software development.
- Experience with architecting, designing and developing cloud native software applications in AWS, Azure or other public cloud platforms.
- Experience developing software using Java/J2EE, Spring Boot and lambda.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps best practices.
- Experience in VoIP, SIP and WebRTC.
- Experience developing and consuming REST services.
- Self-motivated and can actively assess and decide on best design and technology choices for our products and solutions.
- Well organized, team player with a can-do attitude.
- Strong problem solver.
- Experience with test driven software development.
- Love for developing quality software.
- Experience with web application development in frameworks such as Electron.
- Experience with monitoring, centralized logging and application performance monitoring tools.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Helm.
- Experience with configuration management tools like CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience with databases both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with reactive and functional programming.
- AWS certified.